Inventory Import Problems

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
StephenRobertso
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory Import Problems

Hello

I am having problems imorting a Inventory Adj file.

I have added 1000 items in the item list by exporting a Item list, opening with Excel, adding the new items and then exporting as a text docuent. This all works ok.

When i try and use the same process to adjust the opening quantities for the same items i recieve errors and no import.

The items will no tbe exported unless they ave a qty value. 

I have tried several variations with no joy. I have attached the Item and Inventory files i am trying to use, as well as the origonal xl docment conating the relevent info.

Thank you

Stephen

4 REPLIES 4
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: Inventory Import Problems

Hi @StephenRobertso , welcome to the forum. Can you attach the log file created when you import the inventory adjustment file?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

StephenRobertso
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hello Mike

Thanks fro looking at this for me.

I have attached a INVADJ.TXT file which has some sample data. I have also attached the importlog.txt. file

Thanks

Steve

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi Steve @StephenRobertso , sorry for the delay. From the log, the -6 errors are probably caused by blank lines at the end of the text file, so just delete those; and the missing location is probably caused by the location value of 001. If you have created multiple locations, look at the location list and use the appropriate ID value. If you have not added any, then the file will only have the one (default) location, and the ID value should be 1.

The row sequence of the inventory adjustment file seems unusual, in that rows with like ID (journal) numbers are generally together. But the rows should still be imported. 

Hope this gets you closer to a correct import.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

StephenRobertso
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello Mike

Yes thge Location was teh problem. I had to change the cell reference to Text in order to allocate 001 as per the location address then it imported.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post