Forum Discussion

KarMar
Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

AccountRight Report not matching my STP report

Hi there

My AccountRight report doesn't match my STP payroll report for one employee. His Gross, PAYG and SGC are all out. When processing the payroll on 8/3/22 we received a Reject message from the ATO.  Couldn't see why and spent quite sometime on phone to MYOB and ATO. MYOB said to re-enter the pays which I did (only 6 staff so not a huge issue)

The STP report is out for this one employee by the amount of the payroll on the 8/3, but not for all employees, just one.

Do I process a negative payroll for this employee so the STP is correct, but I am guessing then my AccountRight figure for him will be out. Do i just do a journal to correct this on my AccountRight system.

I have spent many hours checking my Payroll Activity Summary, Register Summay and YTD Verification Report.

thankyou, hoping someone can help me.

regards

Marie

• Hi KarMar 

Thanks for your post. The first thing to check is if the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports are the same and are correct. If they are, can you process a $0 pay with payment date as today, wait until that report is accepted then check the YTD verification report. 

If the Payroll activity and register reports are not the same it means that a manual change has been made to the employee card>>Pay history. The activity report gets its data from processed pays while the register and YTD verification reports get their data from the employee card>>Pay history. This means that changing the employee Pay history will report incorrect amounts through STP. To fix this you need to change the Pay history back to what it should be and process a $0 pay to update STP.

If the AccountRight figures are not correct you need to fix any errors through Process payroll. Once these YTD amounts are correct you can process $0 pay to update STP. Recording a general journal will only post amounts to the payroll accounts, the employee Pay history is not impacted so the payroll and STP reports won't be corrected. 

Please feel free to send me screenshots of the Payroll activity detail, Payroll Register detail and Summary of payments report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis for that employee>>Download report) by private message.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi KarMar 

Thanks for your post. The first thing to check is if the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports are the same and are correct. If they are, can you process a $0 pay with payment date as today, wait until that report is accepted then check the YTD verification report. 

If the Payroll activity and register reports are not the same it means that a manual change has been made to the employee card>>Pay history. The activity report gets its data from processed pays while the register and YTD verification reports get their data from the employee card>>Pay history. This means that changing the employee Pay history will report incorrect amounts through STP. To fix this you need to change the Pay history back to what it should be and process a $0 pay to update STP.

If the AccountRight figures are not correct you need to fix any errors through Process payroll. Once these YTD amounts are correct you can process $0 pay to update STP. Recording a general journal will only post amounts to the payroll accounts, the employee Pay history is not impacted so the payroll and STP reports won't be corrected. 

Please feel free to send me screenshots of the Payroll activity detail, Payroll Register detail and Summary of payments report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis for that employee>>Download report) by private message.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

KarMar
      Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Thankyou so much. Yes my reports matched. I ran a 0 payroll for the employee whose figures were out. I waited until it was accepted by the ATO then ran the STP payroll reporting YTD report and his figures were correct and matched my AccountRight reports.

Really appreciate your help.  

YAY!!! :)

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

KarMar 

That's great to hear Marie, I'm glad it was an easy fix for you. Thanks for letting me know and you're very welcome.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

KerryW1
      Trusted Cover User

Hello Tracey,

I have a similar problem with one employee that terminated in the financial year, and then in the same year was re employeed by us, so his termination amounts have disappeared from the payroll register report and as well as from ATO STP balance.  I have made sure all payroll catergories have been re ticked (as previous) and run $0 pay run to push through, but it has not updated.  Do I need to reverse the termination pay and re run it ?

KerryW1
        Trusted Cover User

After a 2 hour on hold wait for MYOB, was told to reverse and re do his final pay.  This hasn't worked!! 

Payroll Activity is correct - Payroll Register is still not showing $ amount for Unused Holdays but shows the hours and ditto for STP YTD verification , is not recognizing the $ amount for unused holiday pay

HELP !