Forum Discussion

allrailkw
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Cannot read property 'filter' of undefined. error on reporting payroll

Cannot read property 'filter' of undefined. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: ad0ed053-7fc8-4ee2-9f89-973afe6e9b79.

I am getting the above error trying to report payroll and complete.  It has taken me 3 hours to enter all the hours so hopefully this can be fixed!!!!  Ever since this new update on Essentials it has been such a nightmare.  

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    allrailkw
    Experienced Cover User

Cannot read property 'filter' of undefined. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: dca708a2-1e1d-43e0-8c69-a2375845bdf9.

I am getting the above error when I try to report payroll.  It has taken me 3 hours to enter hours so hopfully this is something that can be fixed.

allrailkw
    Experienced Cover User

Cannot read property 'filter' of undefined. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: ad0ed053-7fc8-4ee2-9f89-973afe6e9b79.

• Hello allrailkw 

Thank you for your post.

This error is caused by an employee linked to the pay item. You can follow the below steps to identify the employee :

1. Make note of all employees linked to this pay item and unlink all
    2. Link one employee at a time back to this pay item and check if the pay item opens in the browser until you identify the employee card causing this issue
    3. Once the employee is identified, open the employee card and check in the 'Profile' if there are any special characters or spaces in the name, or address fields by copying the content to the notepad and removing those extra characters and save the employee card
    4. Link the employee card back to the pay item and check if the issue is fixed

If you are still getting the error once checking the employee can you please send me a Private Message containing the following:

• Business name
    • Serial number
    • Pay Item having the issue
    • The employee identified having the issue
    • Screenshots of the error, employee and the pay item
    CHKBooks
    Contributing User

I agree since the change I have had issues with reports with previous payroll amounts which caused major issues.