Changing one employees leave entitlements changes all others

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Levan
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Changing one employees leave entitlements changes all others

We have just upgraded from V19.4 to 2019.2 and all going well so far.  I'm just trying to change one employee's leave and holiday pay entitlements, when I do this it also changes these entitlements for our other employee. One is full time and the other is now working part time so entitlements are different.

The same thing happens with  salary sacrifice, it's set up for one director but then also applies it to the other so when doing pays i have to manually change this.

Has anyone any advice on what I'm doing wrong- something not set up correctly perhaps?

4 REPLIES 4
AliK607
MYOB Staff
425 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

425Posts

173Kudos

116Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Changing one employees leave entitlements changes all others

Hello @Levan ,

In MYOB, if you visit Payroll > Payroll Categorie,s you will see that a single payroll category can be linked to multiple employees. Therefore, it may require you to set up multiple payroll categories, if the setup for each employee is different. 

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
im5.PNG
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,040Kudos

569Solutions

@Levan 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

When you say one is full time and one part time - unless the full time employee is on salary then they should both have the same leave entitlement set as a % of gross hours. The only time we use a set # of hours is for salary staff.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Levan
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Graham,

Thanks for your reply.  Both employees are on salaries.  I've now added in some more payroll catorgories specific to each employee and that has fixed the problem.

Levan
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Ali- your answer fixed the problem.  I set up more payroll catergories specific to each employee.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post