Forum Discussion

MBJackie
Contributing Cover User
11 months ago

MYOB Teams - wage categories in timesheets

I am new to teams and have just done my first pay run using approved timesheets.  I am in hospitality and have Sat & Sun rates but all shifts are approved as "Base Hourly".  

How do i change this to ensure the weekend shifts can be approved as the right payroll category?

Also staff get a laundry allowance each shift - do i need to add this manually for each shift or can it be set up to automatically add when a shift is approved?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MBJackie

Thanks for reaching out. 

I understand that recording the allowances is important because you are in the hospitality industry. Currently, the Teams app could only record base hourly categories. What I would suggest doing is creating another payroll category for the said allowances and making sure that the employee is linked to that Payroll Category. Here is the help Article Payroll categories, that will guide you through the process. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help. 

Cheers,

Genreve

MBJackie
      Contributing Cover User

Thankyou

THis is not as easy as user friendly as the instructions and set up videos show.

Are MYOB looking at expanding their rostering/timesheets to allow for different pay categories??

I find this frustrating as my previous program allowed me to create timesheets with multiple pay categories, and all shifts were approved in the correct category (sat/sun/PH/OT etc) so i didnt have to manually alter anything in MYOB once imported.  Now I need to change every timesheet - i need to add the laundry allowance, add the weekend shifts to correct payroll category and then change to base hourly to reflect the move to weekend shifts.  

Jackie

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MBJackie

Thanks for your reply. 

I understand how adding this certain feature to the team's app would make it more convenient. Although the information about what the development team was working on was not informed to us. Rest assured we will raise this with the development team. 

If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to let us know in your next reply. 

Cheers,

Genreve