Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll bank fee transactions not automatically matching to payroll details

Hi,

When the two previous payroll transactions were paid to a new employee the Payment Method was indicated as Electronic. After the payroll was submitted it was corrected and changed to Cheque. 

How do we match the bank feed to the payroll transaction?

Thankyou

Michelle

8 REPLIES 8
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Re: Payroll bank fee transactions not automatically matching to payroll details

Hi @mkapm,

Thanks for your post. Could you please check if your Electronic Clearing Account is set as the linked account for electronic payments? You can do this by navigating to the Accounting menu, then selecting Manage linked accounts, and finally going to the Accounts & Banking tab.

Next, go to the Accounting menu again and choose Chart of Accounts. Click on the account from which your electronic payments originate (the business transactions account), and choose the option 'I create ABA bank files for this account'. Enter the three-letter Bank code for your bank (such as NAB, ANZ, CBA, or WBC) and the Direct Entry User ID (which appears to be 0000 in your case). Finally, save your changes.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

mkapm
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl,

We don't use electronic payments, we pay via Internet Bank Transfer for each employee. Each employee is set to pay by cheque and they match in the bank feed perfectly. This is a new employee who may have been set to pay via cash initially and then changed to cheque but still doesn't match. We don't use ABA files as we do the transfer manually.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you

Michelle Kemperman

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,526 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,526Posts

66Kudos

124Solutions

Hi @mkapm,

Thank you for the response. Please confirm if the payroll transaction is not showing under bank feed transaction where you can match the transaction to. If so, the prepare electronic payment window is worth checking to fix the issue. To do this, kindly check out the Help Article: Making electronic payments (myob.com). Since you have paid the employee already, you will no longer have to upload the bank file to the bank portal. We are only doing this so that the payroll transaction will show up in bank feed transaction to match. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our online help center, MOCA through this link: MYOB Support - MYOB Support, for prompt support.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

mkapm
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sai,

I think I now understand what you are asking me to do.

One question, once I switch on create Australian Banking Association (ABA) files for this account and have matched the transactions in the bank feed, do I then untick the box?

Thank you,

Michelle

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Hi @mkapm,

Thank you for your post.

ABA files are mainly utilized for electronic payments. If you usually rely on cheques for payment and don't engage in electronic payments, you can certainly deselect the option to create Australian Banking Association (ABA) files after matching the transactions in the bank feed. 

Feel free to create  anew post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

mkapm
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Princess

Thank you for your reply.

I will go ahead and see if this fixes the problem with the unmatched payroll transactions.

In general, we use manual internet banking transfers to pay the payroll. What is the preferred option to have ticked for each employee? All are currently setup as cheque. Is this correct?

Thank you

Michelle

mkapm
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Princess

It's all fixed and I understood the process.

Thank you for your help today.

Thank you

Michelle

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @mkapm,

Thank you for your response.

Once you've processed wages for your employees and conducted a manual bank transfer, the bank feed transaction will automatically be allocated against that payroll transaction. In your case, there's a new employee whose payment method was mistakenly set up as electronic. Consequently, this won't appear under the match transaction window because it's allocated to the electronic account set up from the linked accounts >> bank accounts for electronic payments.

To match these electronic payments in the bank feeds, you'll need to either create an electronic payment or reverse the payment transactions.

Kindly check this link, which may provide information related to your inquiry.

Feel free to respond or create a post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post