Forum Discussion

SGall
Experienced User
2 years ago

STP

I purchase a new subscription as the company changed its ABN, ACN and Name of Entity on the 1st July 2022. 

Initially we used the same dataset by changing the ABN, Company Name, and setup a new Software ID with the ATO to approve the Software .  We have already processed 3x payruns.

An employee was on his MYGOV and he noticed for the 2022-2023, there were 2x idential wages for both the old entity and the new entity.  However upon checking with MYOB support, we were advise we needed to purchase a new licence.   We did that, setup a new Software ID for STP and process the 4th payrun only in the new subscription.  That same employee now advised us that he has 3x wages appearing in his income statement.  The latest wages or the third one is a duplicate YTD amount.  We have attempted to capture the BMIS reference from ATO portal and "Updated the Event", we received an error.  The employees MyGOV is still displaying 3x sets of wages for 2022-2023 financial year.

I would like a quote from MYOB to fix the above,   Can you advise ASAP please?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SGall 

Thanks for your post. So that I can assist can you tell me the exact error you get when you send an update event. Can you also tell me if you entered the BMS ID in the Transfering from a previous software window when setting up STP in the new software?

SGall
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey

Thanks for responding.  I have attached the error..

We reported 3x weekly pay rums usimg the old Software ID.  In the new subscription I purchased, the STP setup has a different Sofware ID.  Prior to setting up the STP I went offline and re entered the 3 weeks wage again in the new Software ID.  This may have caused the double up in wages after I reported the 4th pay run for month last week.

In the old software ID, I did remov the YTD amounts, processed and reported a 0 pay run.  After the file was accepted by the ATO, I sent an updated event in from the new software ID,  I am waiting to hear back from that employee.   

Shadeeda.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi SGall 

In the new software go to the Payroll reporting centre>>ATO settings and click on Edit STP business details. Go through the set up steps again and in the Transferring from previous software window make sure you're not entering the BMS ID from the previous software, not the Software ID. 

If you have entered the BMS ID and are still getting that error, in the Transferring from previous software window select No and complete the set up. Then send an update event and see if you get that error.

If you've zeroed out the YTD amounts in the old software and sent a $0 pay you shouldn't have duplicate wages in myGov accounts now. 

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.