Forum Discussion

TPC1
User
4 years ago
Solved

Import error 4077

Hi, we're having trouble uploading item data to populate pricing changes. The import log refers to error 4077 'you have sales for this item'. Can you please assist?

Files are stored locally

Last four digits of the serial number = 6605

Company file id's = 3, 6, 7, 10.

Kind regards.

• Hi TPC1 

As the company files are stored locally, I've sent you a private message on this Forum which outlines a tool that can be run over the company file to aid in that message.

Do let us know how you get on with that.

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TPC1 

As the company files are stored locally, I've sent you a private message on this Forum which outlines a tool that can be run over the company file to aid in that message.

Do let us know how you get on with that.

TPC1
      User

Thanks, seems to have done the trick.

Another quick query. When we export / import our item file, if we just wanted to modify the 'selling price' and 'inactive item' fields could we just export-update-import those particular fields (plus the item code) and not affect all the other existing item fields (ie just want to make sure we wouldn't lose or over-write the other field data). Or do we need to include all fields in the exercise?

Cheers

TPC1
        User

Hi, just checking to ensure that if we were to update a select subset of item data fields (eg selling price, inactive item) via bulk export-import that we wouldn't lose the existing item data within the other fields not updated. ie would this over-write the unselected fields with blanks? Just trying to streamline the process given the large number of records involved.

Cheers

NerakNaneek
      User

Hi Steven I have the same error message are you able to assist me with that?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi NerakNaneek 

So we can offer assistance with that enquiry can you confirm the following information:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
        • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
        • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight
    KT100
    Experienced Cover User

Last year my import/export had errors but his year, I have had so many more and so many 4077 items that did not get updated.  the message says "you have sales for this item" ... please advise why this has happened and why data did not update so we can resolve the issue for later imports.  this has now taken so much time manually to update one by one.  

Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi KT100 

Typically, import error 4077 relates to the item's history. In some cases, it is caused by updating the item from a non-inventory item to an inventory item. However, in saying that, we do have a script that we can run that has aided users with that import message.

So we can arrange for that necessary script to be run can you confirm the following information:

• What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
        isri
        User

I am also having items rejected due to error 4077.

Stored online

Last 4 digits 7021

File ID 28

Please run the script mentioned above so we can update items by importing without getting the -4077 error