Forum Discussion

PIP2
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Sales invoices able to be duplicated when Warn for Duplicate is ticked. Is not warning us ?

We have found Sales invoices have been duplicated when the system is ticked to Warn for Duplicates.   I just created an invoice using a number already used and no warning came up.

• Hi PIP2 

Thanks for the information. Could you check the following:

When you enter the duplicate invoice number and press tab, does the warning appear then?

It should look like this:

When you change the invoicenumber without changing anything else and click Record the software does not have chance to populate this message.

Let me know if using tab, or clicking into another field after you adjusted the Invoice No. does give you this message!

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PIP2 

Thanks for your post.

When you have the preference Warn for Duplicate ticked you should be getting that warning so we'll need to do some troubleshooting.  The first thing I'd like to try is Clearing the Accountright cache, as this can resolve odd behaviour.  After you've done this try entering a sale with a duplicate invoice number and see if you get the warning. If so, could you please upload screenshots of the invoice with the warning and the settings in Setup>>Preferences>>Sales.

PIP2
      Experienced User

Thank you for your reply to my post.   I did as you suggested, cleared the Accountright cache.   I entered a Sales invoice number that was already in the system and unfortunately no warning came up.   Attached is a copy of the Preferences screen showing it as ticked and a copy of the Sales screen showing the invoice 7006622 entered twice, no warning received when entering the second invoice.

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PIP2 

Thanks for the information. Could you check the following:

When you enter the duplicate invoice number and press tab, does the warning appear then?

It should look like this:

When you change the invoicenumber without changing anything else and click Record the software does not have chance to populate this message.

Let me know if using tab, or clicking into another field after you adjusted the Invoice No. does give you this message!