Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Matching Payroll Transactions in the Bank Account

Hello, I'm having issues with matching payroll transactions in the 'banking transactions' section for our MYOB essentials file. I have recorded the wages using the 'Pay Runs' function in the payro...
    Sam_R
    3 years ago

Hi stephen_bbacc,

Thanks for confirming that. 

In this case, the first thing you will need to do is check that your Electronic Clearing Account is set as the linked account for electronic payments (Accounting menu > Manage linked accounts > Accounts & Banking tab)

Next, Go to the Accounting menu and choose Chart of Accounts, click the account your electronic payments will come from (business transactions account), and select the option 'I create ABA bank files for this account'. You will then need to type the three-letter Bank code that identifies your bank, for example, NAB, ANZ, CBA, or WBC, and also type the Direct entry user ID (0000 in your case). Press save. 

Please let me know if the issue persists when you try to download the bank file again. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.