MYOB payroll transactions not matching

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ratracemngment
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB payroll transactions not matching

Hi,

Im having some confusing issues with Payroll and trying to match up in the bank feed. Previously they were all matching, but now when I hit match, 2 x payroll tranasctions come up that I deleted or reversed ages ago, which the balance is at 0.00. I dont understand why the same transaction keeps coming up as a match. I suspect that they are now going through Payroll clearing account - but how to do I find the payroll clearing account and its transactions and can it just be changed back again to the same account I was originally using. Im tearing my hair out. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks in advance! Heidi

21 REPLIES 21
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: MYOB payroll transactions not matching

Hi @ratracemngment 

Thanks for your post. I'd suggest going to Banking>>Find transactions>>locate a payroll transaction and click on the reference number to open. Then check the Payment method and Account. The Payment Method is determined by what has been selected in the employee card>>Payment details tab.

You can check the account linked to the Payment method in Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll tab. If the payroll clearing account has been selected for the employee's chosen Payment method you can change it in Manage linked accounts to the bank account.

You can also use the Find transactions window to search for transactions posted to the payroll clearing account by clicking on the Debits & Credits tab and selecting the account in the Account search field.

Once you know which account the payroll transactions have been posted to I'll be happy to help with moving those amounts to the bank account.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ratracemngment
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanking you for your reply and help. I discovered that the payroll was coming from and going to the clearing account which I changed to the main account which was originally set up as a bank feed. Im not sure why it suddenly was going to the clearing account?? Anyway, could I have some advice on how to move these amounts to the main account please?

Another annoying issue (which Im not sure is a MYOB glitch), everytime I go to match payroll even now it matches up with these payroll transactions which equal 0.00. Ive tried to delete these payruns - but MYOB wont let me, it only lets me 'reverse pay' which I have done, then it duplicates the transaction and I am not allowed to delete and it STILL matches my payroll with these payruns which equal 0.00. Can you help me with this issue also? Many thanks, Heidi (Rat Race Garage)

Screenshot (2).png
ratracemngment
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Screenshot (3).png
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @ratracemngment 

If the pay transactions were being posted to the Payroll clearing account it would mean that the clearing account was linked to the employee's Payment method in Accounting>>Manage linked accounts. You can move the amount from the Payroll clearing account to the bank account by recording a Transfer money transaction. The From account is the bank account and the To account is the Payroll clearing account. You then match the bank feed transaction to the Transfer money transaction.

If the pay transactions were going to the Electronic clearing account, it means that the employee's Payment method is Electronic. In this case you need to process the electronic payment in Prepare electronic payments to move the amount from the Electronic clearing account to the bank account. The post, Why can't I match employee pays in Bank transactions, has detailed instructions for this.

For the second issue, $0 pays are recorded by clicking on the Send update event button in the STP reporting centre or by manually recording a $0 adjustment pay. Both methods are used to update the YTD amounts in STP, as such, they shouldn't be deleted or reversed.

They are appearing in the Bank transactions window as possible matches due to the Show filter being set to show All transactions. You can manually reconcile these transactions in the Reconcile accounts window by ticking them. They won't affect the reconciliation as they are $0 transactions. Manually reconciling them will stop them from appearing in the Bank transactions window and the Reconcile accounts window.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

ratracemngment
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi again Tracey,

I am completely confused now, Thank you for your reply. I changed both employees as cash under payment method, and cash is linked up to the main bank account now. I followed your instruction to tick all the 0.00 payrolls in reconcile accounts. My issue now is that when I go to match up payroll transaction in the bank feed, there is now nothing there to match.

I dont know what amounts went to the clearing account when everything was set to 'electronic' to be moving it back to the main account, is there an area where I can find out how much went there so that I can follow your advice and 'transfer' the money back again?

I have to say, this is a very complicated accounting system and not very user friendly!

Thank you for your support and help.

Many thanks

Heidi

ratracemngment
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Also Tracey,

Sorry to be a pain, when I 'transfer money' under banking - do I transfer the money FROM electronic cleaing account back TO our main account? and, do I enter the gross amount before taxes and super etc?

Thanks again

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@ratracemngment 

Hi Heidi

If the clearing account is the electronic clearing account you don't do a Transfer money transaction, that's only if the clearing account is the payroll clearing account. 

If the pay transactions were going to the Electronic clearing account, it means that the employee's Payment method is Electronic. In this case you need to process the electronic payment in Prepare electronic payments to move the amount from the Electronic clearing account to the bank account. The post, Why can't I match employee pays in Bank transactions, has detailed instructions for this.

I know it sounds confusing but we'll get it sorted and you won't have this issue in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

ratracemngment
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi again Tracey,

Just to be clear, the pays went into the respective employee accounts and i just want to make sure that the set up electronic pays (to transfer the amounts back to the main account via a bank file) arent actually amounts of money physically being being moved? Just the data if that makes sense??

ratracemngment
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Ok so I have tried the method outlined in the post you sent me, I tried to download the bank file and a message popped up the top. I've attached the file with it on there so you can see what I mean. How can I rectify this? M

Thanks again

Heidi 

(Rat Race Garage)

Screenshot (5).png

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post