Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Confirmation that HECS is being taken out

Hi,

I have an employee with a HECS debt so I have them listed as + STSL on their tax table calculations, and their pay is above the HECS threshold for 2022/23.  However, their payslip doesn't list HECS as a deduction in the description. Is HECS being included in the PAYG Withholding line? How can they confirm that HECS is deducted from their pay?

Thanks,

• Hi ChrisCl 

By selecting the +STSL tax tables in the employee card, it will automatically calculating the PAYG amount accordingly. The HECS amount is part of the PAYG withholding, thus it doesn't appear a deduction pay item on payslips.

Having the correct tax table selected in the employee card itself will ensure that HECS is deducted when applicable, if you'd like to seek further options to demonstrate HECS is deducted to your employee, I'd suggest checking out this forum thread: Showing HECS/HELP payments on payslip, it's an old thread and the software involved was AccountRight, but the same advice applies for the new Essentials/MYOB Business.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi ChrisCl 

By selecting the +STSL tax tables in the employee card, it will automatically calculating the PAYG amount accordingly. The HECS amount is part of the PAYG withholding, thus it doesn't appear a deduction pay item on payslips.

Having the correct tax table selected in the employee card itself will ensure that HECS is deducted when applicable, if you'd like to seek further options to demonstrate HECS is deducted to your employee, I'd suggest checking out this forum thread: Showing HECS/HELP payments on payslip, it's an old thread and the software involved was AccountRight, but the same advice applies for the new Essentials/MYOB Business.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.