Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

BPAY Reference Numbers Don't Match

Hi!

I am using the automated BPAY service as part of invoicing. When my clients go to pay (by clicking through the links on their invoice  - i.e. Click here to view, and then Pay Now) they get the correct Biller Code for BPAY but not the correct Reference #. I have attached a photo of the BPAY system and the Invoice to demonstrate the difference between what the Invoice has for the Ref # and what it says on the BPAY system when my client goes to pay.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thank you

Murrang Admin

• I just got advised from MYOB that if a client opens up the invoice via the links provided in the invoice it will generate a new Reference # when they go to pay. Each time someone does this, such as on a new browser, a new Ref# will be generated! Very confusing for the customer, but at least now we know what is happening. Thanks MYOB team.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I just got advised from MYOB that if a client opens up the invoice via the links provided in the invoice it will generate a new Reference # when they go to pay. Each time someone does this, such as on a new browser, a new Ref# will be generated! Very confusing for the customer, but at least now we know what is happening. Thanks MYOB team.