26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

15Kudos

1Solutions

Completely wrong invoice emailed to client

Good afternoon,

I would like to raise an issue that a client recieved an invoice from us that was completely different to what we actually sent to them and have in our system.    The invoice had the same header and logo but everything else different bank details, a client I've never heard of, a description of a service we don't supply, an invoice number we dont use and dated 01/03/2022.   This looked so unprofessional to our client and I have since created a new invoice for her and sent it to myself first to make sure it didn't happen again.    

If it helps, this invoice was sent from a reoccuring transaction and was one of about 50 invoices sent in close timing.   

Can you please follow this up as this obviously should never happen.   If you need further details let me know as I have the email which shows the glitch.

Regards

Kristy Fry

31 REPLIES 31
Tailchaser
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Completely wrong invoice emailed to client

SHARING THE TEXT FROM A POST I JUST CREATED

WARNING TO USERS - MYOB Business sends another businesses invoices to clients

Hi all, 
I wanted to share an issue that I became aware of yesterday. 
I sent an invoice to a client and the PDF attachment that the client received was NOT the intended invoice and was NOT even from my MYOB file but  from a completely unrelated business. 

According to MYOB this is a ‘metadata’ issue and has been a known issue for over 2months. I was informed that there is currently NO resolution and NO timeframe for a potential resolution but I was assured that the developers are ‘working on it’. 

I was advised to manually download each invoice PDF and check it prior to sending it to clients directly from an external email application. 

Invoices, statements and reminders are all effected by this issue. 

This represents a serious data breach in my opinion as other businesses invoices are being sent to my clients and renders MYOB practically unusable….. 

It beggars belief that an accounting software program can’t even send the correct invoice to the correct client. 

LSolutions
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

15Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you for sharing this, I agree it seems to be a data breach to have the wrong information going out to clients!

We certainly should not have to check every pdf before sending invoices to our customers especially if there is no known fix.

Deb1231
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

This has happened to me also today. Very frustrating!

Tailchaser
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Deb1231 

If you can be bothered lodge a "Tip Off' with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner

See link below.

https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=APC_ENQ&tmFormVersion

Tailchaser
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @LSolutions 

If you can be bothered lodge a "Tip Off' with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for a data breach. 

See link below.

https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=APC_ENQ&tmFormVersion

piloy01
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Had same problem about 6mth ago dont waste your time with contacting myob they just blame your system. mine sent diff account name date was different went back before i even had myob billing address and bank details where correct there advise was to delete and resend. Cheers Gavin

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Hi @ALl,

Thank you so much for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your invoices. 

My apologies for the late response. If you encounter any discrepancies in your invoices, such as incorrect amounts or customer contact information, we suggest reviewing both the invoice and your company information in to ensure the accuracy of the details. 

If the information is indeed accurate, we would appreciate it if you could reach out to our phone-based teams promptly to delve into the situation further. Please make sure you have the following information readily available before placing your call.

*   The serial number of the product – Setup >> Company Information

• A copy of the invoice that was sent
  • A screenshot of the transaction from within your AccountRight software
  • When the email was sent and the recipient(s) of that email

With this information, our frontline teams can conduct a comprehensive investigation of the email records in collaboration with our backend teams to determine the cause of the issue.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Deb1231
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Earl,

What is the phone number for the phone-based team. I have wasted a lot of time looking for it. Deb

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Hi @Deb1231,

I understand your frustration, and I'm sorry to hear that you've spent a lot of time searching for it. Our support team are available Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm AEDT/AEST. You can find a full list of contact options on our 'Contact Us' page: Contact us

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post