Forum Discussion

Richard56
Experienced User
7 months ago

Can't confirm company files

We have accounting plus V16.5.

It has stopped online confirmation (it says it is not connected to the internet - but it is). The "confirmation for older versions" link doesn't help - the phone number given is no longer valid and the relevant(?) web page has a 404 message. Is it possible to contact MYOB? I saw a chat connection somewhere on the website but can't find it now.

I see other people with this problem were given direct links to a moderator - that would be great.

We are running out of time to resolve this.

19 Replies

Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Richard56. Thanks for raising this concern. 

To confirm company files with AccountRight Classic v19, AccountEdge and New Zealand Payroll. You can use our dedicated self-service option, so you can generate the confirmation code whenever you need by going to http://help.myob.com/confirmation.

For full details, check out Help Article: Activating and confirming older MYOB products.

Please note: You will need your Serial Number and company file code available to generate the confirmation code - available by selecting 'Confirm' via Phone when prompted.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,

Hannah

Richard56
      Experienced User

Hi Hannah

Those links don't help, the phone number is no longer connected. I see on this forum that moderators are able to confirm files, until the automatic confirmation is turned back on I think that may be the only way to resolve this.

Richard

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Richard56 WhatZit superc CatherineCE Liz_A.

Thank you for your patience. We've been informed that the confirmation feature is now back in operation. If you require help confirming your files, feel free to contact us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your valuable input, mistyben.

Best regards, 

Hannah

WhatZit
      Contributing User

I have the same problem trying to confirm my AccountRight Premier v19.16 file.

Visiting "confirmation.myob.com" produces the following blank page:

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
      nginx

Is there some explanation for this?

EDIT: And the explaination better not be "We disabled the legacy confirmation servers on 01/01/24 because we no longer support legacy versions", since that would be very very very bad.

• Confirmation still isnt working

I have premier19.7 and Business Basics but am unable to access either of them as they wont confirm

As mentioned in previous reports the link Hannah sent is invalid, the phone confirmation no longer works. 

This was first reported 24 hours ago, unable to find any communication from MYOB about this or when it will be fixed, in the meantime I am unable to do any work

WhatZit
      Contributing User

Much like the evaporated phone support, I strongly suspect that MYOB deliberately disabled the legacy confirmation servers on 01/01/24, without any warning to their users or any patch provided to remove server-side validation from purchased legacy products.

Both of those omissions would be extremely bad for MYOB's reputation, and very probably their balance sheet once the court cases are settled.

However, I would be absolutely DELIGHTED to be proven wrong.  Please MYOB, prove me wrong!

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi WhatZit 

I doubt that MYOB would ever overtly state what you have suggested.  This would bring on a strong protest and possibly a class action against them. Instead they seem to favor less obvious approaches, blame a technical glitch, blame your computer settings etc. The latest development (error 503) might well be just that, a technical glitch. In this case you can select 'Confirm later' and hope MYOB resolves the issue before your file becomes read only.

If you run out of time, or your time is too valuable to waste waiting for MYOB, for $12 

try https://www.fghtables.com/myob/confirmation6.php

Regards

Gavin

mistyben
    Experienced User

Hi everyone - I also had the same problem with one of my desktop V19.16 data files and logged a support request online yesterday.  The team just got back to me with the link https://confirmation.myob.com/confirm, however when I logged into the data file to get my serial number and company file code - voila - it confirmed automatically.  Here's hoping this doesn't continue happening as all my other desktop V19.16 data files come up for automatic confirmation