Forum Discussion

WilMyob43
Contributing User
10 months ago

Good Morning,

I'm curious if anyone has these issues when logging into Myob AccountingRight with regular using the 2FA Authenticator.

Well, this morning for the first-time when I went to jump into Myob and click on the company file; 

Myob did not ask me to log in my password and/or ask for 2FA Authentication password. I was able to access our Company File without asking me to enter the password very quickly.  

I quickly logged out and jumped into Myob and it did the same thing again without asking me for password or 2FA password.  

I looked at my security audit report and notice that last Friday at 12pm I did closed out of the file or application as usual.  And came to work today was really odd.  Over the weekend no-one have access to PC Computer or Myob.  I have virus protection on my computer and scanned it was well protected.  

Please note I never tick on the box for log in without password (for 30 days) in Myob.    I have always type in my password and enter the 2FA authenticator password just to protect our company and security.

We recently had security breach 4 months ago and I was anxious this morning because Myob didn't request me to enter the 2FA password was really strange to me. 

I got out of Myob and reset my password to new password.

I thought 2FA would always request for password when log in into MYOB to be more secure?  

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, WilMyob43

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Please confirm how you log out from your AccountRight. Kindly try logging out from your AccountRight through Services > Sign out from AccountRight Live. Once done, every time you log in to your company file, it will always ask for your 2FA.

Please let us know how it goes on your end.

Best regards,

Doreen

WilMyob43
      Contributing User

I have used the 2FA authenicator everyday in the last 5 months until yesterday for the first time and today again this morning Myob did not ask me for the password or 2FA when I went into open the file in Myob.  

I have updated my passwords twice yesterday and disapointed it did it again this morning.  One of our internal staff was shocked to see the same thing happened to her the first time. Didn't ask her for password or 2FA.  

Unusual.  I have cleared the cache history in internet yesterday and sined out of Myob.  

I go to File - and exit to close the file.  what's the difference? 

DuncanS
        Ultimate Partner

Doreen_P WilMyob43 

Doreen,

My 2FA is also not working.

I emailed my contact at the Sydney office yesterday.

She raised a case.

No response yet.

WilMyob43
      Contributing User

I usually go to 

File and exit to close the program at the end of the working day.  So please tell me if this is the wrong thing to do??   

So from now on Myob recommends we to so Services , sign out from AccountingRight in MYOB software AR program.

But when you on internet - online Myob doesnt show Services - sign out from AR?   I am so confuse. 

So how do we properly shut down the Myob properly via internet online ? 

Did Myob recently change somehthing at their end? 

I never had an issue with my 2FA authenicator in the last 4 months until Monday (yesterday 09/10/23) was really odd did not ask for my password or 2FA authicator and AGAIN today this morning when I came to work. 

Not just me only but one of our internal staff this morning was able to log in Myob and loged in without asking her to put in password or 2FA.  Internal staff can log into Myob without my authority is very concerning.

So Myob saying we should be clearing the cache history in our browser via online everyday at the end of the working day? 

This is unusual for me and can be forgetful to make sure it is offline, clearing history when closing down the computer.   

I never had this issue before when I was using the 2FA authenicator last week until yesterday and today.  I did everything on my end to protect the company file and updated the passwords several times.  Until this morning when I jump on my PC it does it again, didn't ask for my password and my 2FA authenicator. 

Myob would this be your technical issues at you end?  Unsure if you have made any amendment to the programs - Accounting AR.  

WilMyob43
        Contributing User

Omg.

3rd day did it again. (Wednesday) 11/10/2023

Switch on my computer.

Open the MYOB software program on my desktop.

Click on to Open a company file

Click on ONLINE TO open a file

DID not ask me for password and the 2FA authenicator.