Forum Discussion

AdminOBT2024
Contributing User
28 days ago

Sales - Service - Import Errors 14 and 1019

I am trying to do an import of sales using the template provided. I am getting 2 errors each time I try and import the data.

Error 14: Invalid account number

Error 1019: CardId must be selected

I have entered the account number into the txt file and it definitely matches the account code in the chart of accounts. There is no spaces or "-" in the code - it is showing a "42540".

The Card ID is on the import and I have double checked that it matches the customers Card ID already in MYOB.

Any suggestions on how to get the upload to work please?

I have attached the upload in csv format just for the purposes of hopefully finding out what is wrong with the import.

Mike_James
    26 days ago

Hi AdminOBT2024 , if you are matching on Card ID, deselect the other two "key" fields, ie co/lastname and record ID. This can confuse the import process. Try this first. 

Also I prefer to place the Card ID after the company name/s. The import process can be fussy about things like that. I note that the error says "must be selected", not "invalid", so it seems that it cannot find the field in the file.

6 Replies

• Hi AdminOBT2024 

You need {} on the first row this will help with automapping.

Else nothing obviously wrong. I assume account 40230 exists?

Most likely cause is bad mapping. Physically check AccountNo. column in import is mapped to the Account # field - check all are mapped correctly.

If this fails, enter these 3 invoices manually, export them and study the export file - this is what MYOB is expecting for the import file.

Regards

Gavin

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi AdminOBT2024 , another issue is that there are line breaks in the description field of the first invoice, so the text following the line break is placed on the next line, and this causes the account number error. 

Eg:

...Box of 12

To be sent...

Probably best to remove these at source if you can.

AdminOBT2024
    Contributing User

Mike_JamesThank you for the tip. I have gone through the source data and removed the line breaks. However, I am still getting the 1019 error yet each of the entries has a CardID and that field is definitely matched in the import. Any ideas why it might still be giving that error?

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi AdminOBT2024 , if you are matching on Card ID, deselect the other two "key" fields, ie co/lastname and record ID. This can confuse the import process. Try this first. 

Also I prefer to place the Card ID after the company name/s. The import process can be fussy about things like that. I note that the error says "must be selected", not "invalid", so it seems that it cannot find the field in the file.