Forum Discussion

7 months ago

adding a line item to a quote

How do i add a line item on a quote in between items already there, there used to be a + option?

7 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi REveriss,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Thank you for flagging this to us. You need to click the ellipsis button in the line above where the line item is to be added and choose Insert line item. You can check out this Help Article: Add headers, subtotals and lines to sales, for more information.

Feel free to post again if you have questions or concerns. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi REveriss,

We hope you are well today. May I know if you still need assistance with this? You can contact us again or create a new post if you still have questions or concerns. We are more than happy to help.   

Kind Regards, 

Cel

REveriss
      User

the drop down option (3 dots) is only on the invoice not the quote page?

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi REveriss,

We appreciate you responding to us. We understand that adding additional item lines to a quote is more helpful than adding them to an invoice because the quote is typically generated first. We regret the initial reply. The ability to add a line item or a blank row to the quote is not available now. Our developers check the Essentials Ideas Exchange for suggestions on what features our users would want to see added to the system. If you see some of the features you envision included in the software, we advise raising or upvoting a request. 

If you still need assistance or if you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again or create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Anna18
    Contributing User

24/07/2024.

Hi MYOB community,

I too would like the option of putting text lines into a quote..  

Please have the developers build this into the software as soon as possible.

Also, I would like the text line to run across the width of the page not wrap around in the 'description' size text box as it does currently on the invoice version. 

Thank you in advance.

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Anna18,

Thanks for your suggestion! I recommend posting it to our Product Ideas page. This way, our developers can see your idea and may consider adding it in the future.

Regards,
      Earl