Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Duplicated sales invoice

I have a Sales Invoice that has been duplicated exactly. How is this happening and what can we do to fix it,  Do i just delete one?  More importantly is, how does this happen haven't had any feedback on my support request so thought i would ask the community anyone else have this problem and a solution?

thanks

2 Replies

LCrowhurst
    Trusted Cover User

we have many invoice numbers duplicated (in 2023/24) i realise now there is a exlamation mark to tell me the invoice number is duplicated but its tiresome to have to be forever checking that they aren't duplicated...its slowing us down...just today I noticed now a quote i sent out has the same quote number as another..no yellow exclamation mark for quotes?? 

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HelloHelen

It's indeed puzzling when invoices get duplicated. It could be due to a variety of reasons, like system glitches or accidental double entries. To delete a duplicate invoice, you need to check if a payment has been applied to it. If there's a payment, delete that first, then the invoice. Always double-check your entries before saving to prevent this from happening in the future. If you're still facing this issue, our website's virtual assistant, MOCA, is there to assist you. If MOCA isn't able to resolve the problem, you'll be automatically switched to a live chat, or you can ask for support via your account at myob.com, as this will need further investigation. Feel free to post again anytime you need help.

Kind regards,

Shella