Forum Discussion

karen-bomac
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Annual Leave and Loading double dipping entitlements

Hi all

When I enter a pay run that includes annual leave and leave loading, the two entitlements are both taking out of the entitlement amount listed on the employee card.

For example, if I check an employee's leave entitlement and it says 150 hours and I take out 30 hours of leave + 30 hours of leave loading (accruing at 17.5%) it calculates the correct $ amount, but then if I go back in to the employee card and check the entitlements it has deducted 60 hours from the annual leave and now showing only 90 hours of annual leave remaining.

I'm not sure what I've set up incorrectly in the back end. When I look through the help section of how to set both of those up, my setup appears to match that, but this can't be right, can it?

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Karen

• Hi karen-bomac 

Thanks for your post. From what you are describing it sounds like the leave loading payroll category has been selected in the leave accrual entitlement under Linked Wages Category.

To check this go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlements tab and open the Annual leave accrual entitlement. Under Linked Wages Category click on the down arrow and make sure Annual leave loading isn't ticked. The entitlement balance will be reduced by hours paid to the payroll categories selected in this field.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Karen, Thankyou so much for posting this question - we've just discovered our system is doing the same - stressful!

Just wondering if you were able to find out WHY this is happened all of a sudden?

karen-bomac
      Experienced User

Yes, if you follow Tracey's answers above it solved it for me. I had to allocate the entitlements differently to fix the problem going forward, and then was able to go back in and adjust the hours accordingly. 

As to why it happened, I have no idea, but it seems to all be working fine now. 🤷‍♀️

• Hi karen-bomac 

Thanks for your post. From what you are describing it sounds like the leave loading payroll category has been selected in the leave accrual entitlement under Linked Wages Category.

To check this go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlements tab and open the Annual leave accrual entitlement. Under Linked Wages Category click on the down arrow and make sure Annual leave loading isn't ticked. The entitlement balance will be reduced by hours paid to the payroll categories selected in this field.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

karen-bomac
      Experienced User

Thanks Tracey

That is exactly what was happening. 

Now the fun follow-up question . . . how do I go back and fix up leave that has been taken out incorrectly in the past? 

I've run some reports and it's only been happening in the current financial year, which is good news! :) Is there a way to journal that leave back into the employees' entitlements or do I have to re-run the pays? (Can I even do that?). The amount paid out was correct, just need to adjust the hours so they have the correct amount showing in my system and on their payslips.

Thanks

Karen

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

karen-bomac 

Hi Karen

Great to hear that was what was causing your issue. You can process an adjustment pay to add the hours incorrectly deducted back to the leave entitlement balance. So zero out all amounts/hours and enter the hours you need to add back against the leave entitlement category.

This help article, Adjusting leave entitlements, has step-by-step instructions.