Forum Discussion

CropServ
Experienced Cover User
3 months ago
Solved

AccountRight Crashes When Exporting Purchases

Hi

In AccountRight, am exporting purchases (item purchases), separating using Tabs (include field headers). Each time I have tried to Export MYOB crashes. Have tried both online and on desktop.

Have attached the ErrorLog - tried to export 3 times on Library desktop and 2 times Online last Friday and 1 time this morning on desktop.

CropServ
    3 months ago

Hi Gavin

In case you would like to know the answer to the export issue: Chatted with support online on 2 occasions. Reinstalling MYOB did not work.

Clearing the MYOB cache did work and I could export.

Reinstalling MYOB nor clearing the cache did not fix the error in the accounts. You mentioned there is a script to fix the Office Expenses amount (showing in the Accounts List) which is incorrect - have worked out which 2 accounts the exact $ figure has been swapped between, there are also 2 cost of sales account which this has also happened to.

What do I need to do to get the script run on our file?

Thanks for your help.

Michaela

16 Replies

• Hi CropServ 

The error message you are getting indicates that the file might be over 4 GB in size (max file size). 

Is your file online or offline. If offline check the file size in Library. If online try to make a backup and restore locally to check file size.

Note this company MYOX Services can reduce your file size by purging data if this is the issue.

Regards

Gavin

CropServ
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Gavin

Thanks for your reply.

The file size is 4185408KB in the Library, so just of 4 GB.

Thanks for the link. Is there any way we could purge the transactions ourselves?

Regards

Michaela

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi CropServ 

With AR2024 MYOB decided purging was no longer necessary, so the feature was never included in this version.

Your only option is to use a 3rd party purge service (which can be expensive) or start a new file (which can take a long time to setup).

Regards

Gavin