Forum Discussion

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Unused Annual Leave not linked to entitlement balance in error

Hi,

I just processed a final pay for unused annual leave which should have been linked to annual leave accrual to reduce the balance, but just discovered I'd ticked the unused long service leave category by mistake. 

Therefore the annual leave balance wasn't reduced.  How do I correct this or does it really matter as I think the balances get cleared when a termination date is entered?

Thanks 

• Hi SharonSL 

You only need two sides to an entry when you are posting amounts to accounts. Adjusting the entitlement balance doesn't post amounts to any accounts, so there doesn't need to be two sides to the entry. The transaction just reduces the Annual leave accrual balance by 85.04 hours.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SharonSL 

Thanks for your post. If you wanted to fix the entitlement balance you could process an adjustment pay. If you've entered a termination date and made the card inactive you will need to remove that date and make the card active first.

The Help Article, Adjusting leave entitlements, has instructions for the adjustment pay under To transfer accrued leave from one entitlement to another.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

SharonSL
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Thanks, I do know how to do that but technically the leave was recorded under the right category but as it wasn't linked to annual leave accrual it didn't reduce the balance. 

Maybe I could run 2 zero pays - first moving it to A/L pay then link the unused A/L category to the A/L entitlement and process again to move it from A/L pay to unused A/L pay - does that make sense?  

However this might reduce the entitlement twice - would I have to unlink A/L pay from the entitlement first (then relink after the above) what do you think?

Thanks. 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi SharonSL 

When you record the adjustment pay you need to enter the hours against the entitlement categories, not the wage categories. This will adjust the balance for the entitlement without affecting the wage categories.

Please let me know how you go.