Forum Discussion

deanau
Contributing User
2 years ago

Importing Items - Error -4077: You have sales for this item.

A customer I'm looking after receives price list updates from suppliers via Excel spreadsheets, so we go through the process of importing these into MYOB AccountRight via the "Import/Export Assistant" feature inside AccountRight. This is great as it matches to existing items and will update the included fields such as the buy price and sell price which is really all we need it to do.

I performed one of these imports last night and found I received the following error for many items:

Error -4077: You have sales for this item.

From what this says I'm gathering that we are unable to update any information via import for items that have any sales logged against them, but this seems a bit strange to me? Why shouldn't I be able to import new price information for an item just because it's been sold in the past? Is there any way around this or will we need to manually update these items via the Items list in AccountRight?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    deanau
    Contributing User

To anybody who comes across this looking for a solution, Chris has run a script against our file which he has suggested should prevent these errors from occurring. If you have the same issue I recommend you make a new post or contact Chris via private message.

deanau
      Contributing User

Hi Chris,

Have sent you the requested details in a PM.