Error -14: Invalid account number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
dan7
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error -14: Invalid account number

Hi, I'm trying to upload the first attachment, but keep getting an error saying Invalid Account number. I've attached the message here in the 2nd attachment. It's really frustrating, becuase it doesn't actually say which row the error is on, but apparently, there are 2.

I've checked the format to make sure it's not converting to date format and I've also tried uploading with and without the "-" between the first and 2nd numbers. Since there are only 3 account numbers (I'm just reallocating costs between job codes), I've also tried copying and pasting the account numbers down with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,889 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,889Posts

90Kudos

367Solutions

Re: Error -14: Invalid account number

Hi @dan7 

Welcome to the Community forum. This error message usually occurs when the account number is invalid or doesn't exist in your file.

I recommend checking your file has the account number entered in the import file, and it's not missing any information. For example, sometimes when opening a document in Excel, it might display the information incorrectly then that gets saved. e.g. it displays 1-1000 as 11000 and then when trying to import, AccountRight does not recognize the changed account number as a valid number.

If the account numbers are indeed the same, could you send through a screenshot of your account list and the file you are attempting to import so I can assist you further? 

Best regards 

Genreve

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Re: Error -14: Invalid account number

Hi @dan7  and @Genreve_S 

Your import was successful. There was only one journal, which was imported. The rejected journals or errors relate to blank lines you left at the bottom of the import file. Each journal is separated by a blank line. You have one journal plus 4-5 blank lines on the end, that's why there are no details next to the error code. Check your file, you should see the Journal there.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post