Accidental Super payment to under 18 employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Maureenn
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accidental Super payment to under 18 employee

Hi I accidently paid super to an under 18 employee who worked less than 30 hours. Our pay run is weekly. Can I put negative amount in his super in the next pay run to adjust it? Can I do a new payrun with all amounts zero and keep super amount negative and record it? What is the best way to do it? I use MYOB Accountright.

6 REPLIES 6
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,079Posts

110Kudos

468Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Accidental Super payment to under 18 employee

Hi @Maureenn 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

The first option putting a negative amount in his super in the next pay run to adjust it, is a workaround. The other way through this is reversing the employee's pay and reprocess. 

However this option can only be done if you just accidentally include the super in the pay run and not in the Pay super window. Since reversing the whole Pay super transaction takes time to process.

Can I please confirm that the Super payment is not yet process and paid in the Pay super window? If yes, reversing the pay run is the best option.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Princess

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,326 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,326Posts

170Kudos

355Solutions

Hi @Maureenn 

Please let us know if you still need an assistance regarding with your concern. And if the resolution provided above was able to answer your query, kindly click on "Accept as Solution".

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Maureenn
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you, I have charged negative super in the last pay cycle. Luckily it was not processed in the paysuper window.

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,326 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,326Posts

170Kudos

355Solutions

Hi @Maureenn 

Thanks for letting us know about this. It's good to hear that it has been resolved. Please feel free to post again if you have further queries.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

dhimurru
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi as I stated above I have charged the negative amount of super in the payrun. 

Now both the negative and positive super balance is in the pay super window.

I can not select those amount when processing super because the under 18 employee does not have superannuation membership yet. How can I get rid of those amount in the pay super window?

Thank you,

Roshana

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,079Posts

110Kudos

468Solutions

Hi @dhimurru 

Thank you for your post.

You'll need to reverse the payrun with the superannuation for the employee, both one with negative and the positive figures. This Help Article, Fixing a pay, has detailed information to assist with this.

Are we able to solved your concern? If YES, please click on "Accept as Solution". If NO, please feel free to reply on this post and we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post