4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Online Payments - BPAY

The BPAY surcharge issue needs to be addressed urgently.  Can we please have either:

1. the ability to automatically pass on BPAY merchant surcharge fees to clients on invoices, just like we do with credit cards; and/or

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option as getting whacked for BPAY fees negates the benefit of the service.

I wouldn't imagine it would be that difficult to have a tickbox option added to be able to turn off BPAY as a payment option.

20 REPLIES 20
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Re: Online Payments - BPAY

Hi @RDes 

Thanks for your post. Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

• For the BPAY surcharge fees, Standard fees are apply, however currently surcharging cannot be passed on to the payee. BPAY has no ability to surcharge. 
  • BPAY has no ability to turned off at the moment. 

I hope these helps. If you need further assistance feel free to post again. We're happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

RDes
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Celia_B 

Thanks for the confirmation of the issues which I am aware of - but the ability to turn off BPAY is the issue I, and many others, would like resolved ASAP.  Other accounting software does not have BPAY linked with their online payment options and surely a company as experienced as MYOB should be able to get this resolved quickly.

Having a check box option would still allow businesses to reatin the BPAY feature if desired, but also accommodate those businesses which have no desire to be slugged an exhorbitant fee when it isn't necessary.  

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RDes 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

As of the moment Turning off the BPAY option is currently not available on the system. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your suggestion. Rest assured that we'll be raising this through the required team. 

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance in the future. We're happy to help 

Thanks 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Aaron76
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I was approved and ready to start using online payments.

I have disabled it after realising that:

1. Onforwarding the costs meant "most of the costs" - 0.25c
  2. Bpay was going to charge me all the fees
  3. Bpay couldn't be turned off

When they fix it, which I'm sure they will (eventually), I'll turn it back on.

Also, why pay us the surcharge fees then take them out later? Could you not just keep them and pay us our invoice amount?

Till then, I'll keep using square for Credit card payments.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,760Posts

78Kudos

343Solutions

Hi @Aaron76

Thanks for your post. The feedback is much appreciated. 

Generally, some people using Online Invoice Payment want the surcharges to be recorded on the ledger accounts hence sending us the money to then charge it again so it affects the accounts on the file. Also, Online invoice payments just charge you if the payment has gone through and customers could opt out of it as they choose. Rest assured we will raise this concern to the team. 

If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to let us know. We are happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@RDes wrote:

The BPAY surcharge issue needs to be addressed urgently.  Can we please have either:

1. the ability to automatically pass on BPAY merchant surcharge fees to clients on invoices, just like we do with credit cards; and/or

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option as getting whacked for BPAY fees negates the benefit of the service.

I wouldn't imagine it would be that difficult to have a tickbox option added to be able to turn off BPAY as a payment option.

we agree with the following points 100%. 

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option as getting whacked for BPAY fees negates the benefit of the service

we had another client pay today with bpay Man Frustrated  its not easy to find and fee associated and as @RDes said it negates the benefit of the service. 

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,760Posts

78Kudos

343Solutions

Hi @LCrowhurst

Thanks for the insight. 

This has been duly noted and was raised as a suggestion for the team. I would understand how this would affect the workflow of invoicing in the future. 

Feel free to let us know if you need any other assistance. We'll do our best to help

Cheers,

Genreve

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Genreve_S wrote:

Hi @LCrowhurst

Thanks for the insight. 

This has been duly noted and was raised as a suggestion for the team. I would understand how this would affect the workflow of invoicing in the future. 

Feel free to let us know if you need any other assistance. We'll do our best to help

Cheers,

Genreve

in addtion to this the we should be able to see the bpay fee clearly in MYOB...atm there is no way to find it....but preferably we would prefer to either be able to pass this on or have it seperate. it just cost us $18 of our profitMan Frustrated

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,760Posts

78Kudos

343Solutions

Hi @LCrowhurst,

Thanks for the additional information. 

This information will be referenced. It's apparent that currently the BPAY is recognized as an online invoice payment mode that somehow acts relatively the same as other modes of payment except for the surcharges. There would always be room for improvement and ideas like this are much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post