Forum Discussion

pippypip
Trusted Cover User
9 months ago

Receipts to customers for paid invoices

I have been informed by my business coach that I should be sending a payed receipt to my customers once a payment has been made and that its actually a requirement. However, i can not find any way to do this in MYOB.

Please help. Being able to send a receipt using the Matched to Customer Payment CR000730 number would be ideal.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    pippypip
    Trusted Cover User

Still nothing from MYOB. I would love to know how other companies can do it. Seems that MYOB arent interested even though sending a payment receipt is a requirement. 

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi pippypip 

Yes it would be good to have this. 

However sending a payment receipt is not 'a requirement', it may be good practice, it might be preferred, however it is not required. Not unless your contract with the customer requires it. It is otherwise optional. For tax purposes all the customer needs is a tax invoice. It does not even need to show that the balance is $0, those this might make it easier for the customers.

Regards

Gavin

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi @Everyone, 

I just want to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to help.

Regards,
      Earl

pippypip
    Trusted Cover User

Really, Nothing?

When ever I send a payment on line to a business eg: Optus, Vic Roads, I am sent a reciept. 

Shouldnt be too hard seening that others are doing it.

Virgilmh
    Contributing User

i just send the invoice through to them when it is paid in full, and the invoice will state balance owing - 0 

i would preferr a more professional way but this seems to work. though i engaged with a plumber this month and they sent a professional receipt through formatted seperately which i will need to investigate 

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi pippypip 

Thank you so much for your post and I am sorry to hear that you were having problems about sending receipts to your costumers. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue and I do apologize for the delayed response. Currently, when your customer makes a payment, you can provide them a copy of the invoice (showing the payment) as a receipt. Our Help Article, Emailing and Printing invoices, has detailed information to assist with this. Having the payment receipt only to forward to customers is a great idea. This is duly noted and we really appreciate and valued your feedback/suggestions. We will relay this to the relevant team.

I would also recommend to post this in our Product Board Ideas for consideration by our developers and for others to vote on this feature. 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl