Forum Discussion

7 months ago

Accountright basics

I object to MYOB demanding I regularly verify my software (which I purchased outright). I own the software. I should be able to use it ANY TIME OR DAY I WISH. Invariably I'm required to verify my software over a weekend or in this case over Christmas/ New Yeare and the support centre is of course closed, which means I'm unable to do bookwork when it suits me. Did I mention I own the software ? The best part about my phone call to MYOB tomorrow to verify MY software is it will be the very last time in about 25 years I ever have to talk to MYOB ever again. I'm calling time on MYOB. I would question the legality of MYOB requiring me to verify software I own. In any case the arrogance of MYOB I do find quite appalling.

7 Replies

CatherineCE
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Liz_A .

The links and advice on the page you cited do not work.

I suspect MYOB is trying to force people like me and all the other people unable to confirm their old files to upgrade to a new version of MYOB and pay a monthly subscription. I think it's unethical if not illegal to disable something we've paid for, but MYOB is an unethical company these days.

Cheers,

Catherine

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi GregThomas1

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information. 

Apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused in your business. We really appreciate your patience with this matter. May we ask if you're still having trouble confirming your company file? If so, may we have the last four digits of your serial number and the company file #/company file code.

We will be waiting for your response. 

Thanks,

Shella

GregThomas1
      User

Hi Shella,

Please don't patronise me by apologizing for the inconvenience. In around 20 odd years MYOB have never apologized for making making me wait for well in excess of an hour on hold on many, many occasions to confirm my company file. Nor has MYOB ever apologised for the down time I have experienced over weekends and public holidays whilst I've been unable to use MY software because there is nobody available to assist me.

I'm not going to bother confirming my software. I'm fairly sure you have the last four digits of my serial number, after all, MYOB sold me the software. Company file code ? It's the same file code I've been confirming for a very long time. Speaking of time, I'm calling time on MYOB. Never again will I purchase another MYOB product. Clearly my comittment to MYOB over the last 20 odd years has been seriously misplaced. 

Greg

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi GregThomas1

Thanks for the response. 

We appreciate your patience regarding this. We recommend trying to confirm your file online again. Do let us know if this will let you proceed without getting any errors now. 

Cheers,

Shella