Forum Discussion

IdaS1
Trusted User
2 months ago
Solved

Unable to apply a credit to an open order

Hi 

I have an overpaid invoice with a credit of $37,877.76 USD available, I'd like to apply this credit to an open order, however when I go the the returns/credits tab, this credit does not exist. Please see below snippets, can you advise why this is happening and how do I fix this?

Thanks

Ida 

10 Replies

IdaS1
    Trusted User

Just thought I'd provide an update on this issue, now fixed by MYOB. After seeking assistance from MYOB Community, live chat, support via myob.com/support , no one was able to resolve this issue. Please call MYOB support, I called twice, first time the support lady was unable to assist and hung up on me, second time I insisted they had to run a script on our data file, I referred them to this link which helped immensely. 

https://community.myob.com/discussions/sales_and_purchases/sales-invoice-shows-a-negative-balance-but-is-not-shown-in-returns-and-credits-t/781760

IdaS1
    Trusted User

Hi, any chance someone can help with my query, I've had look at other posts and appears it's a common issue with foreign accounts and appears running a script should sort out the issue. 

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi IdaS1,

Looks like you need help with your credit recording. From the screenshot, it seems the invoice had an overpayment, but it’s not showing in the credits window. The most likely reason is that the overpayment was already applied to another sale.

I recommend checking if the preference "Apply customer payments automatically to oldest invoice first" is turned on. You might also want to read through the article 'Settling Customer Credits'.

Let us know if you need any more help with this.

Thanks,
      Genreve

IdaS1
        Trusted User

Hi Genreve

Can you please help to resolve this issue please, need it sorted asap as we need this credit to allocate to an open order.  As mentioned, you may need to run a script as I note this is a common issue with foreign bank accounts. 

IdaS1
    Trusted User

Hi Genreve

Definitely has not been applied to another sale, if you look at the screenshots I sent through, the invoice in question shows a credit of $37,877.76 USD still available.