Forum Discussion

RosaAWU
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Entitlement update

Hi,

I have a question about staff's entitlement:

A staff was paid as full time salary and entitlements calculated as 38 hours. But because she is on salary base, her entitlements was calculated on pay period, which is 2.192hours per pay period. However, she is changed to part time, so her entitlements should be changed to the hours she worked, which is 0.8769hours per pay period. But I couldn't enter this new entitlements hours into payroll categories setting, because it will change other people's entitlements per pay period. but if I change her entitlements calculation method to percentage, then her entitlment calcultation will be right, but the other people under this categories would be wrong, because salary staff don't have gross hours, then their entitlements are disappread. 

Hope I express the problem clear enough and wondering what's the best way to solve it? Thanks!

• Hi

thats correct just change it from the the old to the new entitlements 

cheers

Lisa

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

I have attached a screen shot of the percentage setup for entitlements for you that should solve your problem

holiday is 7.6923 % , 

personal leave is 3.0769%

if you calculate on 38 hrs , it is 2.92 if you calculate on 30 hrs it is 2.31

Takes the guess work out of it

Hope that helps 

Lisa

RosaAWU
      Experienced User

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your information! But my problem is when I select equal percentage of gross hours, the other salary staff who share this entitlement setting couldn't accumulate their leaving, because their "wage" card is set to salary not hourly. So should I change all the salary staff from salary to hourly? Would it effect to my other setting? Thanks!

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi,

First , if the amounts you are accruing for a weekly pay is 2.192 and not a typo then you are accruing the incorrect amount

4 weeks holiday @ 38hrs week = 152 hrs over 52 weeks it should be accrued as 2.923 hrs a pay. half as much for personal leave. 

For the parttime employee:

I suggest that you set up another 2 entitlement categories for hourly staff and set up as the percentage per pay for annual and personal leave name them hourly to differentiate the two. Allocate the hourly staff to those entitlements

Rename the existing leave entitlements as salary staff and amend figures if needed .

Hope that helps

Lisa