Timesheet CSV file template

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
becw1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Timesheet CSV file template

Hi I'm trying to get a CSV template that I can use to import timesheets. I've followed the instructions on how to export a template using the Clearwater test file but whenever I export, it tells me there is nothing to export. I've entered dummy timesheets in the test file and tried to export that date range as well and still apparently nothing to export. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Coffeenosugar
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Export Timesheets

Im trying to do the Same, I can only export one weet at the time.... SOOOO Annoying

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Export Timesheets

Hello @becw1 

Thanks for your post to the MYOB Community Forums.  I hope you will find them to be a helpful resource.

When Exporting Data  for things like Timesheets, there are a few things that it is based upon.  This link helps you understand the rules and fields a bit better.

I tried to replicate your issue, and one thing that may have happened is that you have not selected “Identifiers”.  In the Import/Export Assistant, this field needs to be defined, as it pulls data from cards (with valid sample timesheets entered) that ONLY HAVE these identifiers assigned.

Try creating an identifier [Lists>Identifiers] such as “A: TimesheetExport1”

LIST TIMESHEET.png

Then using your test timesheet employee/other enter the Card Information and under Card Details, assign the newly created Identifier “A: Timesheet Export 1”

CARD IDENTIFIER.png

Create a sample timesheet for a desired range (eg 18/6/18 – 24/6/18) and enter values to populate the timesheet for your test employee.  In step 4 (Select Fields) of the Import and Export Assistant make sure you only select fields that you have information entered/to retrieve as it will return with “Nothing to Export” if there is invalid information and create a conflict.

AAA TIMESHEET EXPORT TEST.png

Let me know how you go with things, and feel free to click any of the links above and have a read through for additional information.  If we have helped you to successfully export the template information you want, please mark this post as a solution so that others can find it easier.

Attn: @Coffeenosugar to export a larger range, in step 2 (Dated from) you can modify for multiple weeks, eg from 01/07/18 to 14/06/19, etc

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Coffeenosugar
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Export Timesheets

Andrew, you are a genius!!!! Seriously!!

Is exaclty what I wanted Smiley Happy

Thank you soooo much.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post