Forum Discussion

Peter_C
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Teams admin portal access for approving timesheets

Hi,

We are using the MYOB team app to record casual employees times and have them approved.

Our approving person is having to use the Teams app to do the approving but needs to load each days work separately before he can approve them. It also then defaults back to the latest week so takes further steps before another day can be approved. If he could also access the Teams portal online, this would be much more efficient or amend the app so an approver can approve multiple days for an employee at once.

Naturally, we dont want this person to have any direct MYOB accountright use, so I am asking if there is way for efficiency for an approving timesheet person to have access to the Teams portal for ease of approving a persons hourts for the week or fortnight, rather than having to do each day individually. 

If there is a way to provide MYOB accountright access where he can access teams but has no ability to change any of the accounting data, that would be a work around however, I can see how larger employers would need this ability as its too time consuming otherwise.

Regards

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Peter_CKingsmeadBook

Thanks for posts and sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. The approving managers should be able to access the MYOB Team admin portal to approve timesheets, please get them to go to team.myob.com and sign in with the email address they have been invited to MYOB Team with. 

Do let me know if you have any further questions. 

Peter_C
      Contributing Cover User

No, this does not work. The response is as attached. Therefore you need to give the user access to your myob file to access the teams website. This seems excessive and not necessary.

julie6008
        Experienced User

Thanks for your reply Peter.

So can we create a MYOB User with no access to MYOB AccountRight, only access to the Teams Admin Portal for Rosters, Timesheets, Leave etc?

julie6008
      Experienced User

Hi, we also have this problem. I need approving managers to access the admin portal for their group of employees. We tried but they were not able to log in. Do they need a myob account right login as well? 

julie6008
      Experienced User

Hi Melisa,

Is there an update on Approving managers being able to access team.myob.com?  I am relatively new to MYOB and have concerns about security and privacy when adding new users with access to MYOB.  We have different levels of approving managers and their role as regards MYOB is only to approve leave & timesheets for employees in their area.  How can we invite a user and restrict access only to the Teams portal?

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi julie6008 Peter_C,

An Approving manager does need to be either a File owner or File Administrator to access the Team Admin Portal, therefore, they would have access to the company file. 

However, I do appreciate your feedback and concerns on this. I would also recommend making a suggestion to our developers via our Idea Exchange Board, this also gives other users the chance to vote on your suggestion and to gain more attention for a future enhancement. 

If you had any further queries, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.