Forum Discussion

7 months ago

Backup in progress error message

My internet connection was interrupted during a recent backup process and was not completed. I am now unable to access the company file and receive the following error message:

Backup in Progress
This company file is currently backing up.

You can sign on once the backup is complete.

I've seen from similar posts on the same issue, that a script can be run to release the file in question returning it to an 'Active' status.

Can someone please assist?

Thanks ... Shaun

16 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi NSC-1 ,

Thanks for your message. I've arranged a fix for your file to address the issue. Please let us know if the problem persists.

Feel free to post again; we're happy to help!

Regards,
    Earl

NSC-1
      Contributing User

Thank you it is working now.

NSC-1
    Contributing User

HI,

Please assist us with the below error

"Error Messaage "Backup progress. company file currently backing up. sign once back up complete".

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jacqui2351 ,

Thanks for providing us with the information. I've arranged a fix on the backend that should resolve the issue. Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries, and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

• Got a error message: "Error Messaage "Backup progress. company file currently backing up. sign once back up complete".

Please help to active

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Jacqui235,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I see that you're also in need of help resetting your file—no problem, I’m here for you! Just let me know the last four digits of your serial number and your company file ID number, and I’ll get the fix script sorted out. Can’t wait to hear from you!

Cheers,

Princess

SFF
    Cover User

Hi 

I am having the same issue and need some help?

thanks

Tracey

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SFF,

I see that you're also stuck with the "back up in progress" status. No worries, I'm here to lend a hand! I have reset your file back to active. This should allow you to login back into that company file as intended. Please restart AccountRight, then access the file again.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BSS2605,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards.
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BSS2605,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm happy to assist you with this matter. I have sent you private information that will aid us in resolving the issue. Please check your inbox for further details.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    Regards,
    Earl

SFF
      Cover User

Hi Earl

I am having the same problem and need some help. 

cheers

Tracey

TTC1

Good morning, I am having the exact same issue as above. Any help greatly appreciated.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TTC1

I hope this response finds you well. We will be closing this case as we haven't received any updates regarding your file being stuck in the update. 

If you require further assistance with your file or any other assistance, don't hesitate to create a new thread. 

Thanks,
        Genreve