Forum Discussion

janjac
Experienced Cover User
12 months ago

INVOICE RECEIVED WITH COMPETELY DIFFERENT CUSTOMER DETAILS

This is the second time it has happened.

I sent an invoice to a customer who is a regular and in my contacts from way back, we are an earthmoving business and certainly don't deal in dental.

My customer sent me an email saying - this is not for us and it's from 2017.

I'm looking at the invoice I sent them and it is current and is definitely their work completed.

So I go to the invoice via the email and it is completely different, nothing is relevant in any way shape or form.

What the hell is going on ?

How does this happen?

How do I know how many other invoices are ignored because the person thinks - oh that's not mine, I'll ignore it.

So much for an upgrade, the only upgrade is in the price of MYOB every month.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi janjac

Thank you so much for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your invoices. 

My apologies for the late response. If you encounter any discrepancies in your invoices, such as incorrect amounts or customer contact information, we suggest reviewing both the invoice and your company information in to ensure the accuracy of the details. 

If the information is indeed accurate, we would appreciate it if you could reach out to our phone-based teams promptly to delve into the situation further. Please make sure you have the following information readily available before placing your call.

*   The serial number of the product – Setup >> Company Information

• A copy of the invoice that was sent
    • A screenshot of the transaction from within your AccountRight software
    • When the email was sent and the recipient(s) of that email

With this information, our frontline teams can conduct a comprehensive investigation of the email records in collaboration with our backend teams to determine the cause of the issue.

Regards,
    Earl

janjac
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Earl,

Did you look at the invoices I attached - the Orthodontic business is not even in our contacts, has no date, no information just a total amount, which is about 4 x the amount I invoiced  - there is nothing normal or correct about it. It is not what I created nor sent and it has not recorded any  invoice like it, the only way I see it is to open via the email I sent to the customer.

There is obviously a glitch in the system that makes this happen but I wonder how many invoices have been recieved like that and completely disregarded without anyone replying to me to say - this is wrong.

I am getting charged good money every month for this non service 

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi janjac,

I'm sorry if you feel that way. I've sent you a private message to collect more information about this issue. Please take a moment to check your inbox

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
        Regards,
        Earl

Fifitz68
      Experienced User

Hi,

This has also happened to me this week. The invoice in my system is correct but when they open it on their end it is a completely different invoice. Our name on the invoice but the contact is not ours and it is dated from 2019 and it's closed. Really weird.

Had it happen a few months ago with another job, makes you look like an idiot for sending the wrong invoice to them. This company has since moved to Xero.

How could it possibly happen?

And yes how do I know that it hasn't happened more, it's only that those 2 customers reached out to say something was wrong.

janjac
        Experienced Cover User

Glad to know that I'm not special !!

Its definitely happened way more.

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Fifitz68,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. 

I'm sorry to learn that you had that experience. In this specific case, we strongly recommend reaching out to our direct support teams, particularly through our live chat option, as your concerns can be promptly documented and swiftly forwarded to the necessary teams for resolution. Your prompt communication with our support teams will help expedite the process and ensure that your issue is addressed effectively. 

Please make sure that you have the following information handy prior to getting in touch with our direct support teams:

• The serial number of the MYOB Business (bottom of the Business Name Menu - top right).
      • A copy of the invoice that was sent
      • A screenshot of the transaction from within your MYOB Business
      • When the email was sent and the recipient(s) of that email

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to help you.
      Regards,
      Earl

Craigus
        Contributing User

I had this problem today too.

Invoice has different customer details (not even my customer or in my contact list and look like they may be from NSW) selling an item I don't even have in my item list.

The invoice amount is correct when the customer sees the email but the attachment is completely incorrect. How can this even happen??

janjac
    Experienced Cover User

Here I am again, still having the same issue.

I changed my settings so that I get all of the invoices emailed to myself when they are sent to a customer, I am just going thru checking they are correct and deleting from my email.

So I have found 2 that are so far out of left field it's beyond imagination.

I have not heard from the customers to know if that is what they also received, MYOB still has the correct invoice saved and the business on the "invoice" is not in my contacts, not in my state and I have never heard of them.

We are an earthmoving business and one invoice is for security alarm monitoring in Sth Aust..... compeltely irrelevant, the other is for a daycare centre in NSW !!

This badly needs to be sorted out today !!!

bruceV
    Contributing User

This has happened to us also. Fortunately a regular customer rang and asked if we changed our banking details and even the name of the business to our pirvate name. But now we dont want to use myob as this may happen again. Does anyone else want to change their system? What do you recommend as this is bad for all the money they charge us. Myob have no number for me to ring for help even. Who do I report it to? It's fraud.

janjac
      Experienced Cover User

It has happened so many times that I now send myself the invoice as well, check it on the email and then delete it.

MYOB should be paying me for my time to do this - not charging me full price for the package and the faults !!

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, bruceV

We sent you a private message requesting additional details to further assist you with your concern. Kindly check so we can relay this to our relevant team. We are looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen