Forum Discussion

DeeKay
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

"Hours in Weekly Pay Period" adds to standard pay everytime this screen is opened

Hi,

We use timesheets but some staff have items in the standard pay screen such as super deductions, allowances, etc.

Everytime the standard pay page is opened it automatically adds the "Hours in Weekly Pay Period" value to the Base Hourly column. How can I stop this? It has resulted in a number of incorrect payroll payments as the hours auto added to the standard pay have been added to the timesheet totals...

• Hi DeeKay 

The Standard pay fields won't automatically populate unless you have reset the payroll defaults. The only thing I can think of that may cause this is a caching issue. I'd try clearing the cache as per these instructions: Clearing the AccountRight cache

Please let me know if you continue to have problems with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi DeeKay 

Thanks for your post. Any hours in the employee card>>Standard Pay>>Base Hourly field will prefill in timesheets. To stop this from happening you will need to remove any hours from that Base Hourly field in the employee's Standard Pay.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Helen_01
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your post on this matter.

I too, still have issue of std pay overriding timesheet. 

I have all staff set as 0 hours in standard pays for timesheet management. 

But MYOB keeps overriding my settings so I end up with 72 hours pay not 38.

Today, I simply added in a one time deduction for a staff member personal purchase, and the standard pay went from 0 back to 38 hours. It also updates, when we increase someone's pay rate.

Is there any way of fxining this long-time error. With reporting to the ATO before we even get to the electronic payament screen (online), we have less room to move and interrogate the pays for correctness. I wish the new online pays made it simpler. It looks like a great idea developed before the ATO put the STP stamp on the matter.

DeeKay
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey_H 

Thank's for taking the time to reply

The base hourly column is always left empty, but we've found that sometimes when the employee's card file is opened and the "standard pay" page is opened the base hourly column is populated automatically. IS there a way to prevent the automatic population of the base hourly column?

Thank you!

Danielle

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi DeeKay 

The Standard pay fields won't automatically populate unless you have reset the payroll defaults. The only thing I can think of that may cause this is a caching issue. I'd try clearing the cache as per these instructions: Clearing the AccountRight cache

Please let me know if you continue to have problems with this.